Backline Program Director
We are seeking a full-time Program Director to manage the Backline program. This person will be the driving force in guiding the artists and/or bands through the Backline Accelerator, and will project manage the quarterly Backline Workshops. We are seeking someone who shares our passion to grow Milwaukee’s music scene and contribute to the growing cultural vibrancy of the city; and the drive to build connections and guide aspiring musicians throughout the program.
- Coordinate and execute Backline programs and related activities (workshops, showcases, etc.)
- Recruit, vet and help select musicians to participate in Backline
- Build relationships with stakeholders in the music industry both locally and nationally (musicians, managers, record labels, producers, distributors, mentors, service providers, etc.)
- Coordinate with 88Nine staff
- Act as the lead mentor for, and continuously support, Backline musicians and alumni
- Manage Backline social media platforms, website and emails
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience and existing relationships in the music or entertainment industry is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly independent environment and juggle multiple ongoing projects, responsibilities and external relationships
- Willingness to intensively and rapidly dive deeper into the industry, even if already familiar
- Flexibility to travel and work some nights and weekends – we're not a Monday-Friday, 9-5 operation!
- At least one year of program or product management experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A "no job is beneath me" mentality
At gener8tor we...
- Revolve everything we do around helping our customers – the entrepreneurs and musicians
- Wipe down the tables after lunch with as much enthusiasm as we have about attending a concert
- Are motivated by building a better tomorrow for the communities we work in
- Observe no boundaries around responsibility and work as a team to get $#!^ done!
If you’d like to join us on the pirate ship, please send an email to email@example.com by April 13th with resume and a few paragraphs on why you’d be an amazing addition to our team in this role.
Do NOT send a cover letter.